Pages

Thursday 14 February 2008

And some more cards ...


This was a quick card to make. Stamped the flowers (from Springtime Stems) with Versamark and Very Vanilla Craft Ink onto Real Red cardstock. Used the paper piercer and mat pack to put a row of holes down the side of the Naturals Ivory strip. Used an old pair of scissors to scrape both long sides for some texture, and added faint colour with Stampin' Pastels. The 'Happy Birthday' is from Birthday Whimsy - stamped in Very Vanilla Craft Ink onto black card. A pewter piece of Hodgepodge Hardware holds the greeting and completes the card.


Sometimes I feel like making a card but am stuck for ideas or can't seem to make a start. (Otherwise known as fluffing about the place not achieving much! Don't we all have those days.) Our main catalogue is also an ideas book with many cards, scrapbook pages, gift boxes and other items for inspiration. At the back of the Idea Book and Catalogue there is an index which gives you a list of all the supplies used to make each item - very handy. Here is a card I adapted from the sample on page 77 of the current catalogue.

I used:

Stamp Sets: Touch Of Nature (thanks Lisa for lending me this one!)
Ink:Basic Brown, Always ArtichokeCardstock: Always Artichoke, Naturals - Ivory, Designer Series Double Sided - Enchante, Very VanillaAccessories: Hodgepodge Hardware (pewter), Grosgrain ribbon - Chocolate

The Idea Book/Catalogue is usually $12.95. Special offer: With orders over $50 it is just $6 and you can have one free with your first order over $100 (or if you host a workshop.)

Current Promotion: I am offering the 2007/2008 Catalogue for $6 until the end of March. (Or of course free for orders over $100 or for hostesses.) Please contact me (email address is in my profile) if you would like to place an order.



And for one last sample for today - a quick bookmark I quite liked. (Thank you to ColleenTeacher on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ for the calendar template.)

I used Stem Silhouettes for this one - my favourite stamp set so far. I used my Rich Regals Markers instead of an ink pad so that I could make the buds and stems different colours.

Cardstock: Close to Cocoa and Naturals Ivory. Also: Versamark pad and Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon.

That might be enough for today I think! Cheers, Sue.

No comments: