Pages

Sunday 10 February 2008

A Couple of Cards ...

Thought I'd pop on a couple of cards I have made recently while playing with my Stampin' Up supplies.



This one is my first attempt at a technique called masking which you can use to make images appear to be in the foreground or background - a layering effect. The lettering is done using embossing to give a silver raised finish. I've added some rhinestones to the flowers for a bit of sparkle!

Stamp set: Bodacious Bouquet, Stem Silhouettes
Ink: Brocade Blue, Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White
Accessories: Rhinestones (from my craft supplies), embossing kit and heat tool

I will be running classes in mid March (Fri 14th March - 7.30pm and Sun 16th March - 2pm) at my place where you can learn the techniques of embossing and masking and make some cards during the session using these techniques. I will be posting further details and costs for the class soon when these are finalised. If this sounds interesting pop the dates in your diary and phone or email me to book a spot.



This next card is another one that uses the technique of embossing. (It is based on a card design by Claire Daly. (http://www.clairedaly.typepad.com/)


Stamp Sets: Birthday Whimsy, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Embossing Pad
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Embossing Kit and Heat Tool , Mat Pack and Paper Piercer

Will be back later in the week with some more cards!

Cheers, Sue


No comments: