Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2008

Happy anniversary mum and dad ...

Mum and dad celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this month. Here is the card we kids gave them to mark the occasion.

Now you can't actually tell from this photo but it is a rather large card (no envelopes this big!) The little cards with the letters are about 5cm square and the card is 60cm+ across.

I got the large pieces of card and the flowers from a craft store.


Stampin' Up products:

Stamp Sets: Best Friends Alphabet - upper (in Brocade Blue ink), Carte Postale for the monogram (in Bravo Burgundy ink) Accessories: I used a piece from Hodgepodge Hardware on the monogram (pewter). Love this box of metallic goodies.

Here is a close up of the monogram I came up with for the lower left corner. (That is their initials by the way.)


We had a nice day celebrating with all the family. Wow 40 years. John and I are coming up to 9 years next month and that seems like a long time. Congrats again mum and dad!


I have been making lots of cards lately while I play with all my supplies and thought I'd try making a 3D object for a bit of variety. Made this cute little gift box.
Stamp Sets: Carte Postale. (Really liking this set. I've borrowed it from mum and better give it back soon!)

Cardstock: The base is made using pale plum. The lid uses the double sided Designer Series paper in the Summer Mini Catalogue - Enchante. This is great for lids as there is another pattern on the reverse. The flowers and designs on the paper coordinate with the stamp set for a great look. I can't wait to scrapbook a page with this lot!

Ink: Very Vanilla Craft pad, Versamark. The little tag is stamped using my rich regals markers (Elegant Eggplant) - since I didn't have any purple ink pads. Quite handy!

Other: I used the tag punch for the little tag.

Now while I have been spending time at my desk making lots of these bits and pieces I have often had a little 'helper' beside me. Hannah is a crafter in training I think. She has her own case of scrapbooking supplies (thanks Poppy and Maddy!) and a growing collection of my offcuts (OK and my mistakes - but don't tell her that!) She likes to make cards too while I am busy creating so I thought I'd post one of hers in cyberspace!


That's it for today folks. Back soon! Cheers, Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
I enjoyed reading your blog. You write as well as you make cards. Now the catch is, how can this be archived so your kids can access it in 20 years time?

Great stuff. I will enjoy reading future editions.

God be with you
Fran

Anonymous said...

Thanks Fran! I wonder if I can save it in some form. Good idea - will have to check it out.
Sue