Pages

Thursday 7 February 2008

Stampin' Up! and Me ...

My first flick through the Stampin' Up! Catalogue and Ideas Book that my friend Leanne brought over one day got the cogs in my brain spinning. Before I knew it my wish list had exceeded my Christmas stocking space!

It was another month or so before I made it to a workshop at Leanne's place with the inspirational Claire Daly. http://www.clairedaly.typepad.com/

Another quick peruse through the catalogue and I was hooked. So much so that I could not get my brain to focus on actually making a card that day and had to pull it to bits and reassemble it later when I regained a bit of concentration!
Here 'tis!



Poor John - who was out shopping with two rather cranky children - got a rather garbled phone call to say 'I'm considering becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator. The kit is on special for just under $300. What do you think?'
To his credit, instead of saying 'What on earth are you talking about - translate that for me??' he said something to the effect of 'If you think its a good idea, its fine by me too.'

Anyway to cut the story I got the forms, spent the next few days engrossed in the catalogue, selected and reselected the stamp sets for my starter kit a dozen times before finally posting off my forms, and restrained myself from hugging the postman when he delivered my big box of supplies.

Held my first workshop (with mum, sisters and 5 year old daughter!) three days later ....

Looking forward to learning more about stamping, scrapbooking and card making, meeting lots of other crafty people, and perhaps introducing people to a new hobby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue,

Well, I am a slow scrapbooker. I have been scrapbooking for a few years but haven't tried too many different techniques. I decided my scrapbooks were starting to look a bit dull and began looking for new techniques to learn. I came across stamping and thought it was great. It should really add a bit to my albums. I am now trawling the internet looking for stamping ideas! I loved the cards at the top of your page - they really look fantastic. Your enthusiasm is infectious too - you've put me in a very creative craft mood. Good luck with your new business and I would love to see more photos of your "Madex Creations".

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

What a brilliant idea. As someone who has been an interested and part time scrapbooker for some time, I had not heard of "stamping" until recently. I'm a mum of a toddler with another baby soon to arrive, and since having children have become even more interested in creative ways to capture and display all those precious moments.
Wishing you all the best with your business and look forward to seeing more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks sisters!
Cheers, Sue